Transmission: Skin-to-skin contact with an infested person or contact with infested clothing, towels or bedding.
- Incubation period: 2 to 6 weeks before onset of itching if not previously infested. People who have been previously infested may develop an itch 1 to 4 days after re-exposure
- Infectious period: Until mites and eggs are destroyed.
- Exclusion from school: Exclude until the day after treatment has commenced.
- Contacts: Not excluded. Family contacts should be treated.
Transmission: Airborne or droplet; direct contact with contaminated nose or throat secretions; mother-to-foetus.
- Incubation period: 14 to 21 days. Usually 17 days.
- Infectious period: From 7 days before to at least 4 days after the onset of rash
- Exclusion from school: Exclude for 4 days after onset of rash
- Contacts: Do not exclude
- Immunisation: Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine from 12 months of age and between 10 and 16